Norethisterone 10 mg controlled-release Tablet belongs to the class of medication called progestogens which are used to treat heavy, painful, or irregular periods, premenstrual syndrome, endometriosis, etc. This medication is also used in the treatment of breast cancer or is a disorder in which the uterus tissue lining grows on the ovaries and the common symptom is pelvic pain. Norethisterone works by movements of the activities of the natural hormone progesterone or restores hormone levels in the body and regulates growth. This is a prescription medicine or should be taken as your doctor prescribed.
Uses of Norethisterone 10 mg controlled-release Tablet:
- Norethisterone 10 mg controlled-release Tablet works by controlling the effect of a hormone that regulates the menstrual cycle and slows the growth of your uterus lining before menstruation which helps to reduce your bleeding during menstruation.
- Contraception is a method to prevent unwanted pregnancy, thus this medication prevents pregnancy by stopping ovulation that works by thickening the lining of your cervix or preventing the sperm from entering your uterus.
- Premenstrual syndrome is a group of symptoms that you get before the start of your monthly periods or this may occur due to mood disturbances, breast pain, etc. This Tablet works by balancing the level of hormones that cause these symptoms in your body.
- It is used to treat that condition by controlling the function of progesterone in your body or the doctor will prescribe you another tablet along with this tablet to help manage endometriosis.
Side Effects of Norethisterone 10 mg controlled-release Tablet:
Here are some side effects, you may experience if you misused or overdose on Norethisterone 10 mg controlled-release Tablet but you have moderate side effects which can be gone within a day or a short period of time. Consult your doctor if you experience major side effects. Here are some side effects mentioned below,
- Unusual tiredness and weakness
- Menstrual Bleeding
- Stomach cramps and pain, etc.
Direction for use:
- Take this medication exactly as prescribed by your doctor, do not take more than the recommended dose, and do not take it for a longer duration of time than your doctor recommended.
- You can take this medication with a meal or without a meal with a full glass of water.
- Swallow the whole tablet with a full glass of water, do not chew, crush or open it, otherwise, it will irritate your lips.
- It comes with information available on the product package and asks your doctor if you have any questions regarding dosing and information on the drug.
- Follow all your healthcare expert instructions or directions available on the label.
- The following information is available on the product package includes only the average dose of this tablet but if your dose is different, do not change it unless your healthcare professionals tell you to do that.
- If you missed the dose of this tablet, you can take it as soon as possible. If you forgot for a long duration of time, go for a regular interval of time.
Store Norethisterone 10 mg controlled-release Tablet at room temperature away from moisture, heat, and direct sunlight. Keep out of the reach of children or pets, and ask local disposal management how to dispose of this tablet.
- This medication should not be prescribed to use this medicine during pregnancy or become pregnant, consult with your doctor before using this medication.
- Women who have to take this Tablet should not donate blood until a few months because it remains in your blood for a long time.
- You may increase your intake of fruits in your diet, because they are rich in iron and full of vitamins and minerals, eat a healthy diet which may include green leafy vegetables, and do regular physical exercise.
- These tablets are safe if you drive or operate any machinery which requires concentration as it is known to affect driving capability. Do not consume alcohol during this treatment to show the benefits of the tablet in a short duration of time.
Norethisterone 10 mg controlled-release Tablet Manufacturer and supplier:
Medibyte is one the reputed companies that are engaged in the production and marketing of the best quality medicines for gynecology. Our associates establish a brand in the industry by offering a diverse medication portfolio and exclusive rights. The wide range of gynecology products includes vaginal wash, antibiotics, hormonal balance tablets, anticancer, birth control pills, etc.