What is Itraconazole 100mg Capsules?
Itraconazole capsules are widely used for treating fungal infections affecting the skin, vagina, mouth, fingers, and toenails. This medicine of Itraconazole helps in inhibiting the growth of fungi by hindering cell membrane formation. Fungal infections are caused by Epidermophyton floccosum, Trichophyton spp, and Microsporum spp. Some common fungal infections that can be treated with itraconazole are ringworm, infection in the groin and buttocks, and infection of the feet. Also, itraconazole capsules are used for treating infections caused due to Aspergillus, Histoplasma, Blastomyces, and cryptococcal.
What are the Uses of Itraconazole 10mg Capsules?
Here is the list of some major and minor uses of Itraconazole 10mg capsules –
- Fungal infections
- Candidal injections
- Nail fungus
- Septic Arthritis
List Of Some Side Effects Of Itraconazole Capsules
This medicine of itraconazole capsules is highly effective in treating fungal infections but may cause some side effects. It is important to take a blood test to monitor liver function. Once you stop taking itraconazole capsules, below below-mentioned side effects fade away. However, if it persists, visit the doctor immediately.
- Abdominal pain
Dosage Recommendation Of Itraconazole Capsules
There is no definite length of treatment as it depends upon the type of infection and site of the infection. So, it is recommended to consult the doctor before taking itraconazole capsules. Usually, doctors recommended dosage of itraconazole capsules is between 2 to 33 days.
- In case of a missing dose, take the itraconazole capsule as soon as possible but if it is already too late, it is advisable to skip the dose completely and stick to the routine for the next time.
- For adults, the daily recommended dose is 200mg thrice a day. For kids age more than 12 years, the daily dose is 200mg thrice a day.
Direction To Use | Itraconazole 100mg Capsules
- It is important to complete the full course of antifungal medications to avoid antibiotic resistance.
- You can take this medicine with food twice a day or as prescribed by the doctor.
- It is advisable to not consume any antacids within two hours of taking this capsule of itraconazole.
- Pregnant ladies and breastfeeding mothers must consult the doctor before taking any dose of itraconazole.
- Also, if you have a history of liver damage, it is advisable to consult the doctor before taking itraconazole 100mg capsules.
- Strongly recommended to avoid alcohol while taking the itraconazole drug as it may seriously affect the liver.
- Abruptly stopping taking anti-fungal medicine may lead to a strong return causing drug resistance. So, it is important to take medicine as per the doctor’s prescription strictly,
It is important to avoid certain drugs while taking itraconazole capsules, such as –
- Warfarin ( blood thinners)
- Hydrocodone (Opioid pain killers)
- Terfenadine (anti-allergic)
- Omeprazile, Pantoprazole, and Esomeprazole (antacids)
- Alprazolam (antianxiety drug)
- Simvastatin (Blood Cholesterol medicines)
- Fluticasone, and Budesonide (corticosteroids)
At last, this was all about itraconazole 100mg capsules, For the best quality antifungal medicines, feel free to reach out to Medibyte. We are the leading PCD pharma and pharma third-party manufacturing company in India.